Sunday, January 20, 2008

Where is the love?

I am proof that people can survive in the frozen tundra of Iowa. Barely. How many ways can I say this sucks?

I am off for the salt mines again...I want you all to know that I'm tired of working, but I am beginning to see the end of the tunnel---and there is light! Maybe another week or so, and I can get back to more "normal" hours and lifestyle.

H and I went out for a few hours yesterday and last evening. I wish I could tell you it was a wonderful time, but H is still sick and he's a bit of an ass. I really needed a little time off - even prisoners get that occasionally - but it was not to be. I should know better by now.

I am planning on taking tomorrow off, although I do expect to spend part of the day working from home, I just have too much to do. I have worked for the past three weeks non-stop, at least part of the days, it's a good thing I'm feeling better, isn't it? And I am, btw. Feeling better, that is. Almost back to normal...including the pain, but I can deal with pain, as long as I can walk. So I feel very lucky and blessed, pain and all.

I wish each of you a good Sunday - I am off the put the family's dinner on, and then back to the place that ultimately pays my bills. Have a beautiful day!

10 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Have a good sunday yourself! Why is it when our partners are sick, they're crabbyassieess too? It's like they're mad at us for them being sick...my thought? for my bigdogg it's because he's so used to being the BigMan..and when he can't take care of himself as is being sick...(sick sunday mind, GASP!) than he's an old crabby bassie...I hope he feels better..and you too!
I thought of you yesterday when Sullivan had another funny..and it wasn't soon after reading your post about the kiddies...
stay warm It's awful out..it actually hurts to breath doesn't it?
YUCK!
Sincerely,
Elizabeth
am I first? holy shit!

Karen said...

Gee I'm always the bridesmaid, never the bride lately....lol...Way to go Crusty!

I know you're fed up and still in a lot of pain but do you know how good it is to hear you talking about going to work like its an every day occurence again? And you're walking and even having a bit of a social life. Goddam girl, if you were any fitter, you'd be dangerous.....Seriously though, the difference from a month or so ago is staggering. Who knows what you'll be doing a month from now.....climbing mountains, running a marathon...the skies the limit!!!

Summer said...

It's cold here too. Brutally today. Blech. I wish you could get some rest.

SOUL said...

even though i sense LOTS of sarcasm.. you actually sound rather well... :))

i hope you have a great day at the salt mines... and when you return to the asylum as well.

really good to hear that you are feeling somewhat of yourself again... pain is tolerable when it doesn't ruin your life huh.

take care of YOU today-- and let the rest of the clan worry about their own damn self. :))

OX
(you forgot again btw )
laterz

oh crap-- there's gypsy...
and crusty was FIRST??? wth.. it really must be an off day in jamie land... :))
this could prove to be a good thing-- something unexpectedly wonderful just might come your way.. a hair fairy perhaps??? :))

Mary said...

I'm just catching up after a long, hard trip yesterday. I love to hear the things children say. Lots of wisdom if you just listen. You must feel a lot of relief at seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with work. Not many would have worked so hard through so much pain to get everything in order.

Our temps aren't as low as yours but make no mistake - it's cold here, too.

Billy said...

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday and the work is done! Brr! It is sooooo cold out there!

Anonymous said...

watchout for those fairies from gypsy..they're dangerous..what...am i LAST again??? oh well... i blame it on the time difference..and yes it is cold here in JP too...snow all around us but not ON us...we somehow escape the treacheries of driving in the snow. but that's ok...people here would freak ...

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oohhhhh going out, that's really what I need. Not out for work, not for grocery trips, just go out and enjoy. You're right, even prisoners get that, man, why am I treating myself worse than a prisoner?!

It sounds simple, but it is like lightning has just struck me! I'm enlightened! Amen!

desert dirt diva said...

does this mean the pain is almost gone or does this mean the pain is almost like it used to be , but thank the lord you can walk?...whatever it maybe, i am glad to hear ur up and about....hope you had a good weekend!

desert dirt diva said...

how do i post ur blog on my page.. i'm illiterat, and can't spell good either