Friday, January 25, 2008

And so...

So, I have missed you guys. Alot. But what is happening has not been happening to me, and it wasn't my business to tell. But it does affect everything about me, as does everything about my kids---and grand kids, as the case may be. But since this is now here, you can read what I'm talking about. Go ahead, I'll wait.

So, as you can see - we don't know what's happening now. I too, am paralyzed with fear that she will lose the baby, and yet---I don't want her to save it now, only to lose it later, or to have it when there is no hope of any kind of a normal or happy life for the child. This has been a heartbreaking week for me, to watch the heart of my daughter break, and not really be able to help. I didn't want to tell you all about it until she felt ready to talk---and while I know you all have great advice and perspective, I really just wanted her to deal with it on her own, in her own way. Please understand. And I also know that many, many women find themselves in this position...but this is new to me, and certainly to her. It only takes a second of knowing there is a baby for a lifetime of heartache if you lose it.

But I have missed you all, and I will let you know how it's all going. Don't worry about me, this too--shall not kill me. :)

15 comments:

Billy said...

Oh my goodness Jamie. I am so very sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

Karen said...

There are no words Jamie....(((HUGS)))

desert dirt diva said...

yes there are know words.....I will say prayers....big hugs

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)) i know how she feels... i went thru the same thing last year...

Oldy said...

Prayers will be going out here, too.

Hugs to all of you

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I'm crying..I hope things turn for you both. I felt like I was reading you, when reading her..you both are such strong women, and all I wish for is to be close to just hug you both and say, don't let go until you need to.
I'm praying for you both!
elizabeth

Summer said...

Thinking about all of you.

Mary said...

Crusty said what I feel. My prayers are with you all and that includes the little one. With all three of my pregnancies I was with a doctor that specialized in problem/high rick pregnancies. He was my strength through really bad times. I pray the doctor your daughter is seeing is as kind and compassionate as mine was. Again, my love and prayers are with you all.

Amanda said...

(((((((((Jamie & family)))))))))

Thank you for letting us know what is happening. Some things are just to big for a person to carry alone and this is certainly one of those things.

I hope your daughter won't think my comment too insensitive. My heart is breaking for her and I'm just hoping that the doctors are wrong, like they were in my case.

My prayers and thoughts with you all.

Golden To Silver Val said...

I'm so sorry your family is going through all this. Please take strength in the knowledge that God works in mysterious ways and you know that when one door closes another opens. Its personal and traumatic and hurts tremendously but I know you will be there for her Jamie. You all will be in my prayers. God Bless. Love, Val

Raine said...

Oh thats rough. I will pray that it was a mistake and that the next sonogram will show it to be so.

Jessica said...

When she wrote about how it was one thing for God to decide, but another to not know, to be asked to decide....oh man what a challenge to say the least. I don't know what would be better, to be helpless or to feel the helplessness of a hopeless decision. She will be a good mom-now or later-it seems she had a great teacher.

Jamie said...

Just in case I haven't taken the time to tell you all before - you are all pretty wonderful. I just thought you ought to know that. :)

Cheryl said...

Your daughter is awesome. Thanks for sharing the link. I will hope for the best results. Tuesday won't get here soon enough.

I hope you had a wonderful visit with the 'Souls'. I'll be watching for an update.

CCC said...

Oh my...I am so sorry I've missed so much in your life. You and D are really going through some rough waters right now. I am praying for both of you. And your mom -- that she too fully recovers.

Stay strong. We're here for you.