Friday, December 21, 2007

Oo-oh, I'll bet you're wonderin' how I knew...

Friday. Back to work day. I don't know how I feel about that. I thought I would be all excited and happy to go back, but there has been some kind of transformation in me, and at this time in my life, I don't think it's a good one....sitting on the couch with my kitty's has been very, very nice. A luxury I cannot afford, unfortunately. So, it's back to the barrage of issues and problems and day to day trials and tribs...

And speaking of my job, I have heard through the grapevine that the buyer that was ridiculously low on his cash offer is now not so ridiculous. So, it looks like I WILL be out of work very soon, for real. I don't know how I feel about that, other than scared to death. I have to bring in a certain amount of money....and that's a pretty high amount. One that I am quite capable of earning, if I move to the city. I suppose it will all work out, but it does unnerve me, and this is a rotten time of year to be unnerved. I tried to talk to owner about it, but you all know him, he was too busy. I will talk to him today. Not being treated that way would certainly be nice, I have to admit.

Meisha, or kitty #2, has developed quite a cold. So, she is off to the vet today. And they are both behind on their annual whatevers, so they will both go today, actually. Poor little things, one is sneezing uncontrollably, and both will hate me by tonight. That is the one thing that I dislike about cats---the grudges they hold. Neither will talk to me tonight---hell, probably for the next few days. H is the one actually taking them, I am so grateful that he is the kind that will take the pets the the Dr...he is so good about things like that.

Tonight, or later this afternoon, after I have worked several hours anyway, I have to go back to the city and finish my shopping. Ugh. I really won't want to I know I won't feel like it, but I am out of time. Tomorrow, another storm---6 to 8 more inches of snow, and I don't want to fight a trip to the city then, Sunday- I have to clean house with H and try and bake a few things, and I still haven't wrapped one gift! Monday, I work until noon and then I have a huge dinner to prepare. That is it, time is up. So tonight is it. I will be glad to have it finished. I cannot believe that it is all upon us, where have I been? Sitting here, on my butt, in painpill-ville. teehee. Now, that is funny!

Have a good Friday, everyone. I'm out.

9 comments:

Summer said...

I really didn't want you to venture back to work until after Christmas. Like I have a voice in it. Ha! Good luck today.

SOUL said...

i'm with summer--you know that--- but i do understand. it takes me a while--- but i get there. :))

anyhow, i do hope it is a GOOD day back to work... and i hope you are welcomed back with open arms from all your work peeps. i am sure they have missed you. (not just for works sake.. but you know, cuz you're YOU)
they will all be sooo happy to see you WALK in there... i wish i could be a fly on the wall, as you get all embarrassed and try to curl your head into your collar like a turtle! :))

it really sucks about even more snow---and so damn much of it. sounds like you oughtta move to texas--- not the big ice-owa city.
it gets cold here--- but nothin like that. good lord. i could nOT live in a place like that. kansas was bad enough with their ice and snow half the year. i will never understand why people CHOOSE to live in such horrible places. like Montana.. canada. OMG... i would rather die.
but--- i guess on another level--- i guess people just live where they land, and if that's where the job--or perhaps family is... then sacrifices have to be made.
but still--- i'd rather die-- and alone if i had to-- as long as i was WARM when it happened.

sooooo.
best of luck on selling the house--- and finishing your shopping----i really hope that can be FUN for you, and not a pain... of any kind. and ummm... i hope you have a really good day at work, and i hope in a lighthearted atmosphere-rather than a stressful, icky one.
and good luck with the kitties dr visits--- good thing hubby is takin them...they will hate HIM not you---the will rush to your lap to tell you how horrible that furry faced man was to them!!! and they will still love you. :))

alright-- i hope i didn't forget anything-- but , you know me-- i probably did, and it was probably important.

but oh well. itll come to me.

have a great day!
ox

Karen said...

Good on ya Soul. I am tempted to just say ditto what Soul said but that would be lazy wouldn't it?

Like both of the above ladies I wish you weren't going back to work yet but then again, if you stay home much longer then it will REALLY be hard to go back. Its a vicious circle really isn't it?

Hope the kitty gets better soon and that they will still cuddle you when they get home from the Drs. Is it worth me saying don't overdo things.....probably but I'll say it anyway. TAKE IT EASY Jamie or you'll end up in a bad way for Christmas and I know you don't want that. Big hugs....

Cheryl said...

Sorry I've been quiet. I just caught up on your posting. You need to take it easy! I hope that today, Friday, goes smoothly for you and you'll have some time off again. Happy Friday!

josie2shoes said...

Christmas is going to come, ready or not, and what is done will be fine, what isn't won't end the world. I wish the pandemonium of this month could just be lifted from everyone. I know how much stress it adds to your already heavy load. I understand too, that you must earn X dollars to survive, and that is always worrisome, especially with jobs hanging in limbo, I'm in the same boat are our agency finances are struggling. I take it as a sign that God is saying, "think about moving on, I have something better for you"! I hope being back at work today goes ok, I would say don't overdo, but I know you will anyway. :-) I agree, sitting home with a lap full of kitties is a fine way to live as far as I'm concerned! And yes, they do hold grudges for a little while, mine used to litereally turn their backs to me. Geesh! The good news is they will blame H for their misfortune and not you! :-)

Portia said...

I'm sure today was a crazy one, being the first day back, but I hope it wasn't too hard on you. Hugs to you AND those kitties!

The Real Mother Hen said...

The job part - I'm praying for you.

Amanda said...

Those things have a way of creeping up on ya. I hope the job issue will end up being one of these unnecessary worries. Weather sounds like lots of fun...not. Get well soon pretty Meisha!

Billy said...

Well, I wish you the best in all of the mayhem. Gift cards, girl. Get lots of gift cards. That way you are in and out. Hope all is well. Sucks about work. Don't worry about that and concentrate on being with your wonderful family for Christmas. Have a great Saturday!