Sunday, February 11, 2007

Unexpected relatives and words, words, words, words

It has been a good day, a quiet day, which is what i wanted. H's father and his woman stopped in, which is fine, but we (or at least I) haven't seen him for more than three years, and i have never met her, and they live in New Orleans, and why the hell does ANYONE STOP IN when everfuckingone has cell phones these days? It really did work out okay, it was an hour of my life that I will never get back, and I am pro-family, even his, but not when not expected, and not when i don't know you very well, and not when either of you won't shut the fucking hell up, they even talk over one another, and literally hold you prisoner with their conversation,and one talks at you and looks right into your eyes, all the while insisting that you not look away and attempt to listen to the conversation the other is having in the same room, at the same table, and you can't ask an question, first of all, there is no opportunity, second of all, if you manage to ask something, it will be twenty more minutes of words. Just a continual flow of words. I know way more about her than I ever wanted to know, and i guarantee she doesn't even know my name. i am not being mean because H and i don't like each other much right now, I am being mean because people should know how to behave, and they don't. But, it really was okay, and I was rude because I didn't ask them to stay for dinner, and I should have, I would have asked anyone, even the homeless guy on the street, but I was afraid they would accept, and I couldn't have managed that. THAT would not have been okay. H and I took a walk, more than two miles, it was fairly nice out, at least not below zero, I wish the weather could stay like it is today, the snow is even melting, but no, we are to get many more inches tomorrow. Shit. I made a pretty good dinner, then took a nap, and here I am. Hope your day has gone as well, but without the interruption of unexpected relatives. Over and Out.

No comments: