Friday, March 27, 2009

Desperate times call for desperate measures

I must thank you all for all the care, concern and prayers. They have worked, as I have managed to work all week, even though I do fall onto the couch as soon as I hit my apartment, and I can't move until the next morning. The pain has gone way past the scale and has stayed there, but it's amazing what a person can learn to live with. The weakness holds off just enough----and I can manage until I don't have to. I called my dr's office, turns out he has had bacterial pneumonia, and has not been in the office for weeks. I think I am lucky to already have an appointment scheduled, so there is no way I can move it up. I did ask for one of the medications I was on before my surgery and should know something today. I don't want to take any of them, but I have to do something. I remember that one of two of them helped quite a bit with the problem, and while I would almost rather do anything than take the damned seizure medications that are commonly prescribed, desperate times call for desperate measures.

In other news....

My place of residence looks like a complete slob has moved in. I have been completely unable to do anything about it, and I have to say---it's killing me. I cannot handle living in a mess but have no choice right now.

The bags under my eyes have taken up permanent residence. They have now moved in and put all their stuff away and signed a lease. WTH?

Mark and I cannot seem to communicate on any level lately, and he is supposed to be here for at least part of this weekend. I am not feeling very good about it, and may have to cancel the plans. We were only going to work on the taxes, I have to get many of the numbers from him--deductions for his job. It's pretty sad when the only plans we have for an entire weekend revolve around the IRS. None of it's going to matter very much as when it comes to the taxes for 08, we are pretty much screwed. We will owe a giant penalty for cashing in the 401k's. Oh how I love our government, we are taxed at a ridiculous rate on the money to begin with, then have a ten percent penalty on top of that. Obviously, we were in desperate need of the money, or would not have touched it in the first place. So, I can add the Internal Revenue Service to my list of monthly obligations. Yea, me.

Friday----finally. It's casual day at the office, so at least I don't have to put on the suit and heels. Things have been going pretty smoothly there, at least where the work is involved. Surprisingly, this place of business makes money. They actually are turning a profit, and a good one. That's something I haven't seen for a very long time. It makes my job so much easier, no "creative accounting" required.

Happy Friday.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't have time for a real comment, but here I am before leaving for work and wanted to say hi, thinking about you. TTYL :))

KathyA said...

You're right -- at least it's casual Friday.
I hope things get better for you -- sending lots of blessings.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

tgif..hope you're not working too late and your doc office gives you the meds you need.
Sounds like a reschedule is in order for the meeting with you and mark...too much for you right now.

Rent some movies, laugh and cry and start all over on monday.
:),
E

Just Me said...

I have to agree with Crusty...and get plenty of sleep too!

SOUL said...

wow-- how'd i miss this-- oh must be cuz i didn't compute yesterday... or last night i should say-- or whenever the hell it was when i got back.

well..
good luck with uncle sam --
funny, that's what i am doin right now teeewwww.

ttyl byeeee