Monday, November 03, 2008

Stuff

It's the third of November and the temp outside will be 76 today. What the hell?

Gas is $1.93 a gallon here in the big city of Des Moines.

This whole daylight savings time change is a pain in the you know what.

A record number of voters have voted absentee in Iowa this year---myself included.

Orange Glo Wood Floor clean and shine streaks, just in case any of you want to know.

I have another vice to add to my list --- Starbucks Bold coffee, with cream. I must have a cup (large, or VENTI to them) every day.

I start another job tomorrow, the same one I was to begin last Tuesday. It is sales and I'm NOT excited about it, but we have to have some dollars coming in. Ugh.

CrazyDog bit me last week. She didn't "tear me up" like I know she is capable of, but she did do some damage. She is getting old and grouchy and untrustable, (is that a word?), and we can't have that. I see problems ahead...

My children are not at peace with one another and it's breaking my heart. I cannot deal when they fight, and since they never, ever do---this is a problem.

I made seafood lasagna and banana pudding over the weekend, no we didn't have them together, that sounds ucky.

I texted my mom last night - she was the queen of the text message you know --and I wanted to send it to her so bad, but I was afraid it would freak out her husband, so I didn't hit send, I hit cancel.

I think this is enough rambling for one Monday.

Have a happy....

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great Stuff post. You've inspired me to do one, but if I stay on my PC I'll never get out of the house, and I'm going to be non-stop today.

Think of everything as temporary. Tomorrow will probably be much better.

SOUL said...

i think ucky is less a word than untrustable-- but i like it better-- and my thoughts were the same--- seafood stuff sounded good but UCKY if WITH banana anything. altho-- i like banana pudding, etc. come make me some.

looks like you have lotsa stuff happenin in your world-- well... obviously-- but i mean the other stuff like in here--- lots you don't need to worry about-- kick the kids, pet the dog, hang up the phone, go to work, call your friends, and kmow you are loved-- and guess what-- it'll be tomorroww. or somethin like that. i cant spell anymore. but you know what i mean., hell you know what i mean when i can spell-- so thats pretty good.

anyhow--

luv ya pal--
take a deep breath and have a good day
O--X--<

dont think i know what i just said--just love me :))

Just Me said...

GAS $1.93!!!!! WOW!!!! I didn't think I would ever see that, anywhere! It's still $2.49 here and we are as happy as clams about it. Anything is better than $4+!

Starbucks, bold, cream, yum.

Your seafood lasagna item made me think of when we took DIL to dinner the night before she had the baby. She ordered shrimp scampi and a hot fudge sundae and at them together. Not like dinner and then dessert, but TOGETHER, at the same time. Grooooosss!!

Good luck with the new job.

Take care

Portia said...

Thinking of you lots and wanted to send more hugs your way. POOF there ya go;) It's hard to have a rift in the family, I hope they come together soon.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Great Post. You said it and it all made sense....tales of an overwhelmed wife and mother; not to mention pet owner. Try and find some funny stuff about your job and write about it....it may help. Sales is hard anyway...but with the way things are right now.... WOW...extra hard. I'm not buying anything that I don't REALLY need nowadays. Wonder what the new year will bring. Sure hope its better times. Hang tight dear friend... Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I can tell by the odd bits and pieces that it must be chaotic in your world... just pick out one thing at a time to deal with... firstly you and your job and H. Your kids...what can I say... I have no advice here, but they'll get over it soon... I hope. I was gonna say...seafood lasagna and banana pudding... separate? delish! Together...well...I guess i've heard of worse!
Glad to hear the gas prices have gone down there too!

Amanda said...

It's a relief to see lower gas prices. I wonder if it will last.

So I won't be buying any Orange Glo, my floor looks awful enough.

Never thought I'd say it but McD's has great coffee, as well.

Good luck with the new job.

We use a leather glove with one of the hamsters.

I hope they make up.

You are right, the two sound ucky together.

(((((((((Jamie))))))))))

Terri said...

your mom texted? that is cute! I think I would have sent it anyway and then followed up with a phone call. May have felt good, never know.

Terri said...

your mom texted? that is cute! I think I would have sent it anyway and then followed up with a phone call. May have felt good, never know.

Terri said...

your mom texted? that is cute! I think I would have sent it anyway and then followed up with a phone call. May have felt good, never know.

Terri said...

your mom texted? that is cute! I think I would have sent it anyway and then followed up with a phone call. May have felt good, never know.

Terri said...

oops I"m sorry LOL I thought it wasn't working. I'm really not trying to make a point. Sorry!