Friday, June 13, 2008

What's new, Pussycat?

A happy Friday to you all! It has been a crazy week, I'll tell you. Wonderful, but crazy. Other than the pesky job situation, just about perfect, I must say. I am now the proud owner of a Direct TV box once again, so the world is good. :) My, how I hate living without my news.

Today, we have the bed delivered. That will be good, after that-I don't think there will be anymore deliveries or moving of things, other than the few things that we still need to bring from down South. Frankly, we are out of room here, so if I bring it, I must really need it. The only important thing that I can think of that still needs to come this direction is the television for the spare room. And I think I left some towels and sheets in the linen closet, although it wouldn't hurt me at all to start over in that department, mine really look BAD. That will have to wait though, we have already spent a fortune on things that we HAD to have here, although I am headed back to Target (pronounced Tarjay for the hoity-toity) to buy a print for the wall in the living room...that's right folks, I am just classy like that, I buy my art in a store that sells milk and bread, teehee.

So, today I have an interview at my bank. They need a branch manager (among other things). Wish me luck. On Monday, I have an interview for a sales job that I think I would like very much. I am hoping that one of these pan out and I don't have to spend much time looking. I have done a little research on the George S May company, and have decided that their tactics are a little too high pressure for me to be comfortable with. And so it goes...

I am sitting on my balcony as I write, it certainly is a beautiful morning. You wouldn't know that the whole area, (not here, but around me) is flooding.

You all have a great Friday - I plan to. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Jamie... life is on the up and up... if only the weather situation over there would settle down... TWO jobs to choose from...that certainly makes life a little easier..then you don't feel under pressure JUST to pick one cuz there isn't anything else. You have LOTS of qualities that bosses out there would love... YOU pick and choose...not them!

SOUL said...

mornin my friend--

best of luck to you in the job department-- i can't wait to hear how it goes.

every time you mention sittin on your balcony-- i can just see you there-- and i know you love it.

nuthin wrong with tar-jay art-- most my art came from yard sales-- and sits in my garage collecting dust. :))

so anyhow---

i hope you have a wonderful day today-

OX

ac said...

I love coming here and having you sound so relaxed. Sitting on the balcony.... That's where I'd be. I'm an outside/inside girl. I'd have the little balcony door open so I could feel the inside right behind me but my butt would be OUTSIDE. It's so COOL you are there! Good luck on the job front. I think you'll be working very soon.

Mary said...

Jamie's world is looking up and I'm so happy for you. It's high time you caught a break. It's also good to know that you aren't looking down on flood waters. I certainly thought about you when I watched the news this morning. Have a happy, relaxed day.

Amanda said...

I was wondering how the flooding was going over there, glad it's not too close! My best wishes for the interviews.

Brad said...

I was thinking about you this morning on the way in to work. Wondering if you close to the flooding - Glad your high & dry. Have a great weekend.

fiwa said...

Enjoy your day, sunshine. :)

Cheryl said...

You sound like me...out on the balcony with the laptop, except mine is the porch. So, I wonder which job it will be. We'll stay tuned. Enjoy your weekend...you're back to finish up at the house, right? Please don't work too hard.

Jessica said...

Good luck with your job search! I'm doing one of those myself. I've still got mine, but it's time for an upgrade!!! (Still, the search totally sucks!)

Billy said...

How did the interview go? Hope it went well!

Karen said...

You sound happy Jamie and that just makes my heart sing. How's the pain now? Is is better now that you've had a chance to relax?

Good luck with the job hunt and hopefully you'll get the one that will make you the happiest.