Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The end of the Interview

I have just one question left, and no legs yet to get ready for work, so I think it's time that I finish THE INTERVIEW.

Here are the first four questions, if you missed them:
One
Two

5. I know that your childhood wasn't all that easy, what is the happiest memory that you carry from that time?

There were many, many happy memories in my life, after my mother married my step dad, Gene. That event took place when I was eight---after that, my life became a fairy tale, or so it seemed to me. I know for a fact that it was a normal, normal existence, with all the strife and trouble that comes with it for all involved, but Jos---for me, it was heaven. He was a God to me-he saved us all in my mind. All things that had been so twisted and unhappy and so scarring became so NORMAL and beautiful. Daily life was awesome. Every little thing was happy. Getting up in the morning was an adventure, going to school was such a mundane thing for everyone else, and all I could think about was returning home so that I could be in the happy place that it had become. I truly could not believe my good fortune. My little sister was born when I was ten, and that really sealed our happy home. My life felt like I had won the lottery. I really don't think I could choose one happy memory. My mother was home then, my little sister was like a miracle to all of us, and my older sister was everything I wanted to be. My life was a movie with a happy ending. Eventually, of course, it all settled down and became normal...with all the problems that everyone has. But I will be eternally grateful to the man that saved us all.

Well, this concludes the interview. I know it has taken me awhile. NO ONE can say that Josie doesn't ask interesting questions! I hope I haven't bored you all too much.

If you are interested in doing an interview, Here's How It Works:
Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."
I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions and a link to my blog as your interviewer.
You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

10 comments:

Billy said...

Great interview. I loved learning more about you.

josie2shoes said...

An amazing ending to a fantastic interview, Jamie! So often in life it works the other way, children go from stable homes to nightmares when a step-parent enters the pictures. I can sight dozens of them. In your case, your new step-dad sounds like he was indeed a miracle worker. For a child to be that happy with advent of stability and love at home, tells me how bad it was before. I am grateful that you had this life changing opportunity, so that you could grow up knowing life could be good!

I humbly thank you for participating in the Interview. I love what we learned about you because you were willing to share!

(((Hugs)))

Karen said...

Josie took the words right out of my mouth Jamie. It is surprising to hear of a step parent actually making a child feel grateful for their presence instead of being full of resentment and anger. A happy childhood gets us off to a good start in life and I was also very fortunate on that score.

I enjoyed your interview very much.

SOUL said...

here i am jamie! still breathing.

i'm glad you saved this question for last. (or were they answered in order?)
regardless.. a happy ending to really good interview.

i'd ask to be interviewed... but i'm too chicken!

hope you are having a great day!
c ya later.

Portia said...

i really enjoyed all the questions and answers. isn't it funny how much more we can appreciate a "normal existence" after knowing tumultuous times?

i hope you have a good day if at all possible:) friday is just around the corner...

Amanda said...

Yes, yes, yes. I know just what you mean.

((((((((((Jamie))))))))))

Pen said...

Terrific! I loved reading your interview. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

Summer said...

Wow. That was a powerful answer.

CCC said...

I woner why Gene was such a great dad? Was he just a normal, stable nice guy? I was happy to read that your life became a fairytale growing up (at some point) -- that must have been an amazing feeling. It's so true what they say...to the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world.

Cheryl said...

I was so afraid there was going to be a bad ending to your story, and so relieved there wasn't. Your mother made such a wise choice. A normal life...that's all we need. Funny, my sister's memories of our lives growing up is so different from mine. It's like we grew up in different households.