Thursday, May 31, 2007

When the going gets tough.....

I am cup of coffee number three, but waking up is difficult today. Must be the new pills, which ARE working, by the way, and I am not about to give them up now. I have not been in the severe pain of before for almost a week, and i have not jumped off a bridge or even thought about it for at least that long. Hallelujah! Just kidding on that last part, I am not really suicidal--but I can tell that my mood has been horrendous, if for no other reason that just reading past blog entries. I always know when I need depression help, I clam up and don't want to say anything, and I find myself wanting to talk now----and if you knew me at all, you would be jumping up and down!

Okay---I got tagged my Josie, and I promise I will respond soon. I also agreed to list ten positive things about myself, and I will get to that soon, too. That one could be kind of hard---but I will work on it.

I was left holding the proverbial bag yesterday. It really pissed me off. I can't say too much more about it, but suffice it to say, I should have expected it. It happened just last week, also. But I am stupid enough to believe that others don't do that, I wouldn't, therefore, no one else would. Particularly when I asked you not to. So, there you are----point number one on my list of ten good things about me: I won't run out on you when the going gets tough. That's saying alot.

I had the very best time with all three of my kiddos on Tuesday afternoon. We gathered for an early dinner at a local restaurant, just them and me. And it was so great! It is so rare for us to all be in the same place at the same time, and i cannot tell you how much I enjoyed them. It felt like a gift, one i was very grateful for. :)

This is my long day for the week, a good twelve hours plus. I hate these days, but generally they pass very quickly, and lord knows i have more than enough to do. I have been very busy, and still have plenty.

I suppose I should get with it. Not that I feel like it just yet. Here's to getting my shit together this morning, and i wish the same for you! Later.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad the medicine is helping you Jamie, that's wonderful. It must be in the air because I was left holding a similar bag yesterday! Dinner out with the kids sounds like a lovely time. :)

SOUL said...

hey there! (this is me jumping up and down for you!!!)

very glad to hear the meds are working.... i wnna know what it is so i can look into it. email me the name?

have a great day...even though it's a long one...and you're holding the proverbial BAG. :))
take it ez

Jamie said...

Soul, The med I am taking is Cymbalta. It is specifically for neuropathy and depression- a strange combination---and well, so far, I am glad it is! Perhaps it would work for you, too?

josie2shoes said...

I too am excited that your medicine is working, Jamie. Feeling like shit all the time really wears down a person's spirit.

Hey your #1 - "I won't run out on you when the going gets tough." Is a great start - it's hard to find people like that!!

I so envy your dinner out with your kids. That's every mother with grown kids' fantasy. Glad you had a great time.

Hang in there for the long day ahead. Surely ENDURANCE must be somewhere on your list of good qualities! :-)

Evalinn said...

Hope your day went fine!

SOUL said...

thanks, i'll look into it...it just may work. something out there has to. i just haven't found it yet.
hope you're still havin a good day.
mine was busy and tiring. otherwise ok.
c ya

SOUL said...

well, i just googled it... i won't be able to try it. too many other meds, also some of the side effects. NOT - but thanks!
later

CCC said...

The "clouds" have lifted for you...pass me a few of those pills! :D Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better. Have fun this weekend ;)

SOUL said...

i still dont have my shit together and its been , ummm, SEVEN months!
eegads