Sunday, May 06, 2007

One ton DUALLY


So, you know how it feels when you have just been run over by a truck? Now, I am not just talking about any truck, I am talking about a 4 wheel drive, one ton dually, crewcab, with a huge fricking toolbox in the back, a REAL toolbox full of HEAVY shit.....That's where i am this morning. But wait.....after it ran me right down, it backed up and did it again, just to be sure. Yep, that's me today. Tulip Time has done me in, the pain is near intolerable, but I am upright, or nearly so. Yesterday was a fourteen hour, fun-filled day, full of ice cream. Ice cream fricking....everywhere. Everywhere. In my hair, on my clothes, and all the hell over the ice cream store. And the patio. And the tulips. All over. We had a record breaking day, the best ever. One thing is for sure, when the weather cooperates, people like their ice cream. That's hard for me to understand, but I am happy it is so. (ice cream has never ben my thing) So, yesterday almost made up for the two bad days prior. Almost.


It is early for a Sunday Morning, at least for normal people---I got up late for me, and i should still be sleeping, at least according to the way I feel, but we are right in line with a doozy of a thunderstorm, and I can hear it approaching in the distance. There have been a lot of storms in the midwest the past few days, and unbelievable devastation and loss. This one is just a severe t-storm warning, not a tornado. But either way, greeaat.


All my kiddos are coming home today, usually this is something that i celebrate. Today, I am just so dammed T-I-R-E-D. I will be happy to see them, but they do wear me out, particularly in a group. Generally, I cook---today, it's going to have to be pizza. I am not up to any of that. All I really want to do is lay on the couch and moan. But I will survive. And I will be happy to have them all here. I have not see YS and GF for what seems forever.


I had better get this posted before the power goes out----hope your day is great. Later.

No comments: