Thursday, March 08, 2007

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give

I bought myself a birthday present yesterday. Not that I have to have a birthday coming up to buy something I want, I rarely want too much, but when I do, I just buy it. I have re-discovered music recently, it has always been a huge part of my life, but i have been trying to broaden my horizons musically. The cd's that I ordered yesterday were a blast from my past, as they were the best of Marvin Gaye and the best of the Temptations. I have always loved old Motown, but I don't own too much of it. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Amazon now has the ability to just debit a checking account, which in my case is going to be a bad thing----I hate using the credit cards, I am trying to pay them down, and i only use them when I absolutley have to. Last week, I bought a Jon Legend cd, the Shins, Gnarls Barkley, the Dixie Chicks, and Carrie Underwood. I gave Jon Legend and the Shins to my youngest, much to the dismay of my oldest, they weren't for me. I LOVE the others. I am country music at heart, it's what I feel in my gut, but I truly love music of all kinds.

I had the strangest dream last night, if it weren't x-rated and about someone we all know I might tell you about it. I hate when that happens. Why on earth did I dream that? Eewww.

My Mom did get home last night. She sounded completely worn out, but she is home at least. I have got to get over to see her, I think I may go this morning before I go to work. I have to work late tonight, and tomorrow evening H and I are celebrating my birthday and going out. Today is the only time until the weekend. I don't plan on working on Saturday or Monday, so I can get there a time or two then.

I hope your day is as good as I want mine to be. I have alot to do once i get to work, as yesterday was pretty much a wash, (like I knew it would be with my kiddos there). Later.

No comments: