Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

The last day of 2006, that's hard to believe. This entire year has flown by in a blur of activity---at work, at home. Alot of changes made, although they seem far away. H quit his job of way more than ten years, that one is still hard to believe. He runs a food establishment, that one is even harder to believe. One year ago, I was worrying and fretting over what I would do with business #2, I had no idea what to do with it, how to go about running it, and now look. I learned alot, and while that seemed overwhelming before I started, it was easy. H would never have believed he would end up there, and really, I would never have, either. All the kids moved out, and we have been living here alone, kid-free, for more than six months. D's marriage took a huge turn, that was one I didn't see coming. All in all, alot of change. But it really has been okay, maybe I AM learning to roll with the punches, at least a little? Not a lesson I enjoy learning, because to learn to roll with them, you have to HAVE punches, but maybe I have learned enough, and they will stop coming. This year, I want to move. And i want my kids lives to all settle down, is that even possible? I want my Mom to get better, I can't bear the idea that she may not be here all year. I ask alot, I know. Time will tell, as usual.

No comments: