Saturday, November 18, 2006

MY Friend

Looks like I'm headed to Las Vegas. (We're). Me, H, D, and OS. Interesting mix of family---should be a hoot. It's probably not the smartest financial move I have ever made, but all things are relative, aren't they? No pun intended. Seems you learn new things about old people all the time--and this one was a surprise. I thought he was the MOST with it guy I had ever met. Ever. Turns out he's about as fucked up as the rest of the world. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just surprising, is all. He's allowed to be as messed up as the rest of us, it doesn't change anything, but it is a shock to me. I worry - but what else is new? I know you have no idea what I am referring to, but in this case, it's a need to know basis kind of thing, and that's all, dear reader, that you need to know.

I have been reading a blog lately, very funny, touching, just interesting reading, of a family in Tennessee, written by a couple, sometimes her, sometimes him. Late last month, she got sick, and over the past two weeks, it has continued to get worse. He kept up the writing, several times each day, telling of his love for her, willing her to get better. She died yesterday. It really ruined my day---she was a friend of mine and my heart aches for him. They have two small boys. And now no mother. She was 29. Damn. I miss her and I never even met her. Damn.

Off to the whippy dip today, after a stop at the first job. Last day for the whippy dip-until March. Have to buy a Christmas tree on the way home. Should be a good day. I'll let you know. Over and out.

No comments: