Tuesday, August 02, 2011

T-T-T-T- Tuesday....

I have been awake since midnight, partying with my old buddy, old pal - pain. This day will be long.

Mark and I are now sharing my apartment, a tiny space, it should make for good blogging material if nothing else. We promised "no fighting" due to space issues. (Space issues of the square feet kind, not to be confused with the great beyond kind, although at times I do believe he comes from Jupiter or perhaps even Uranus, and that could actually cause a fight) And oh yes, I know there is a joke in there somewhere but I digress...So...he sleeps here beside my computer and I am certain that my tap-tap-tapping on the keyboard is most likely not creating the type of sleep atmosphere he prefers. But he doesn't complain or bitch about such matters, he never did. That type of behavior belongs to me.  :)

I am in the middle of the closing of the month duties at work. I would have been all ready to go with putting it to bed first thing this morning, had issues for other department managers not come up over the weekend and caused two of them to be out yesterday. I am running at least a half a day behind now, but once I get the rest of the numbers needed from them this morning, LOOK OUT. I despise having that whole process hanging over my head, once General Motors has my numbers each month, I feel immensely better.

So many things are weighing on me lately---the move being number one. I wonder how it will all get done, that type of work is so difficult for me, and even if it wasn't so damned physical, there would be little to no hope of getting anything accomplished after work each day. I have nothing left once I get home in the afternoons. Nothing with a capital N. So...I am looking for the packing fairies to show up and I pray they arrive very soon. It is still four weeks away, but the time is approaching with lightening speed---and some things could be getting done.  However, I always find a way. This time will be no different, I'm sure.

And so my day begins. I am going to do my level best to make this "terrific Tuesday". Or how about "tremendous Tuesday"? Or maybe "total Tuesday"? "Tops Tuesday"? "Taco Tuesday"?  LOL  I am out of  positive T words..have any more?

And because this "pic" (sent to me by Bill) just cracked me up--I leave you with a little humor:


Happy Tuesday, I'm gone.  :)

10 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hope your pain has subsided and that you enjoy today.

Yvonne.

Cheryl said...

I don't want you packing and everyone who knows you should forbid it and do it for you. There's my 2 cents, not that you asked for it.

Hope it's a treat of a Tuesday.

C.A. said...

What Cheryl said! "I forbid it!" I concur. If you find those bastard packing fairies, ask them where they were about a month ago!

I am sending you peaceful, pain-free thoughts my friend. It's Take on the World Tuesday! :)

Hugs...

C.A.

On The Road Again said...

How about Triumphant Tuesday? Hope you get your numbers early today, have a good one.

Janie Fox said...

Praying you are pain free. Get someone else to pack. I am adding that to my prayers. Oh,and who knew penguins were do rude. They sound like pigs. :)

Ruth said...

Love the penguin story!
I like Take on the World Tuesday.

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

It's the small spaces that pack the crap in efficiently...I mean...TIGHTLY. When we moved from our small home, there was crap and clutter in every corner and I got rid of 70% of everything. I realize it wasn't necessary, and the larger home is nice and spartan. Easier to clean BECAUSE it's larger and nothing is packed tightly.

BUT, I paid the price for trying to get it done quickly and correctly.

Since there's another person who will enjoy the fruits of your labor, get HIM busy shaking the tree.

Leann said...

I agree with Cheryl. You have a mate that could help you given his knowledge of your old pal the pain fairy. Or devil :-)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Pain is not a goog think and exhaustion isn't either along with livin in a small area but it could be worse........

Gina/Shell Starr said...

Jame, today is 1 of the worst pain days I've had in a very, very long time, even more than I normally can handle! I've been shaking & crying so bad all morning, I'm wishing I could go to the ER for a shot just for a little bit of relief. It's days like this I don't know how I can get through it, & this kind of pain really scares me, I never know how bad the pain can really get, that freaks me out, you know how it feels! I pray your day is good, please pray for me today too. I love you tons, your baby sister xo