Saturday, July 02, 2011

Three days. Three--wonderful, free days.

Life Cereal, fresh blueberries, almond milk---absolutely created by God.  :)


A beautiful day here in good old Des Moines. No rain for a few days now, although huge heat has taken it's place. It's okay with me for now. Sometimes things just need to be the way there were meant to be, you know?


A three day weekend, with Mark! No one working, just he and I (for the most part). I think I have little flutters...I KNOW!


Fingers and toes, fingers and toes. At Noon. I hate having them done, just can't live without them being done, you know? I think though, I will have the acrylics removed from my fingernails for now. They grow so fast in the summer, I really don't want to mess with it, and they must for sure need a breather.


126 on the scales, repeatedly. Finally. A sure cause for celebration. Quite a feat when for the most part, visiting my gym is out of the question. I may give it a go tomorrow...but lately, there has been no hope.I had to give up the cream in my coffee. I know..but I drink sooo much at work. Buh-Bye. Do I miss it? Oh yeah. It's my older sis's fault I drink it that way in the first place. I drank it black for thirty-five years. Bad sister. Bad Travis.


Pain is crouching in the dark recesses this morning, watching, waiting. I always know it's there but it is not doing it's usual dance, not yet. However long, I'll take a little quiet from that direction.


Happy Fourth of July weekend.  :)





9 comments:

Kristy said...

I can relate to the creamer in the coffee as I drank it black most of my life until recently. It is just easier on the stomach.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Enjoyed the read Jamie, I don't think I could drink black coffee,anyway I drink mostly water supposed to be good for you.
Hope the pain don't get too bad.
Happy 4th of July and thanks for stopping by, much appreciated,
Yvonne.

Golden To Silver Val said...

I'm glad your weather finally decided to play nice. Its 85 here right now and supposed to get to 90 today. I love it hot....but NOT humid and I'm afraid that's what we're gonna get. t-storms forecast for later in the day.
Dana's been hacked....she thinks an ex family member of Joe's did it. She's so upset....and I feel so bad for her. No one deserves that. So if you know anyone who reads her, please pass it on....her blog for now is history; she can't even get into it.
You and Mark have a wonderful Fourth....just kick back and do things that make you happy!!! Big hugs, friend. xxoo

On the Road Again said...

Fiber one, blueberries, skim milk, black coffee, my go to every morning. Glad you are going to have a long quiet three day weekend, enjoy, hope the pain stays in it's box!

Leann said...

*happy dance* with you for the lack of pain.

Have a wonderful weekend with your honey!!!!!!!!!!!

SO glad I don't drink coffee...never have.

Amanda Trought said...

So glad your feeling stronger, healthy food, healthy outlook and dashings of tlc..Amanda

Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
Art Blog

Janie Fox said...

Yay for you. I am so happy your life is going well :) Enjoy that honey time!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Anyone as thin as you are shouldn't expect that adding no cream in your coffee will make you skinnier! You're fine!! Trust me. I've been skinny. I'm now fat. Skinny is better, but cream in your coffee isn't going to make one difference.

Cheryl said...

I hope you post saying what a wonderful long weekend you've had. Somehow I know, you've done too much. I hope you're feeling well. I know you're happy.