Sunday, April 03, 2011

I need to be COMMITTED.

I am going to talk about the C word. Yep---I said the C word. 

Not the C word that you are thinking - get your mind out of the gutter, this is a G rated blog.

The word that I am going to use is Commitment. Yep----Commitment.

It's a tough word to spell, and even tougher to be. COMMITTED. I want to be committed to my exercise routine. I have to be committed to my exercise routine. However, I am struggling with this. I am so damned tired of being too cold, to tired, too...whatever to get out and do it. Oh, I go to the gym, here and there. I get out and walk at least a few times a week - maybe three if I am being honest. But the days of going to the gym five or six times each week is gone with the wind. Once it got so terribly effing cold, my level of commitment dropped. It will soon be warm - yesterday was perfect - but it will soon be warm every day. And then I expect to be committed to working out at least five times each week. It's tough. It's hard. It's sometimes nearly impossible. But I will commit to it once again. You with me?

16 comments:

JY69 said...

With you all the way Jamie!

Coffeypot said...

No!

Unknown said...

Great word! Scary word! Word we must use!!!

You're a day early and I'm loving it! Gets me a little more caught up!!!

Just here to welcome you to the A to Z blogging challenge! I'm a co-host, should you have questions don't hesitate to ask! I know we're on day 2 but you are already rockin' it out! I do hope you'll stop by and say hello! We are also having fun on twitter (I'm @jenunedited and we're at #atozchallenge)!

C.A. said...

I need to be more committed to the gym too....I'll give it a try along with you, girl.

Big Hugs....

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

To succeed in anything one needs commitment, I loved your post and I hope you do succeed.

Yvonne.

Jules said...

Hey good luck with your A to Z blogging challange!! I would crap out at about J. But I'm cheering you along, all the way to Z.

J

Ruth @Welcome to me said...

I am not as committed to exercise as I should be.

I'm from your neck of the woods.
Monroe which is a bit southeast of you.
I'm not getting old either.

Josie Two Shoes said...

I have yet to make that committment, and how I need to! I love how hard you are working to give your body the best advantage possible. The new pic of you is awesome!! Definitely think relocation to warmer climate! I know I couldn't deal with those brutal Midwest winters anymore. Of course here in Texas I use "too hot" for my excuse. We can always find one if we're looking I guess. My step-daughter's philosophy is "no excuses" that's the attitude I need to adopt!

Lena said...

You go girl...

Golden To Silver Val said...

Good one! Did you know that we don't have to post for the challenge on Sundays? So now you're ahead of the game. You can skip tomorrow or do like I did....write one and schedule it to post when you want it to. I need to shorten my posts up a bit. I got to rambling again on mine. LOL I think you are committed....a heck of a lot more than I've ever been. Its been raining and snowing here all day. Sigh.

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Me said...

Good luck! My doctor said that I need to start an exercise routine but commitment to excercise, Yeah, just not feeling it!

Leann said...

I'm with ya!!! It's far easier when the weather is warm to get out and exercise. Walking on a treadmill that goes nowhere is boring!!! Good luck on the A to Z challenge. My commitment level isn't there :-P~

Cheryl said...

I wish I could be committed to exercising. I'm so impressed by people who are. Warm weather should help you. That fact that you do it so much despite your pain is amazing.

Lena said...

Jamie,

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I was worried about leaving that information up, so I deleted edited and re-posted.

I so appreciate your reaching out to me!!!

Hugs back to you!!

kristi said...

I agree with Leann, I was ready for the weather to get warm! I have a treadmill at home and gym at work but I'd rather be outdoors.