Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fred and Ethel with a baby on board

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/3064708

The link above is the most interesting LIVE webcam of an Eagles nest located in Decorah, Iowa. I know that sounds really boring, but honestly-this little eagle family is a very busy bunch. Mom sits on the eggs most of the time although I have seen Dad pitch in when mom takes a break. They move around, fly in and out, perk up their home with a new stick or twig now and then, and wait for the baby to arrive. I have no idea how long it takes to hatch an eagle but you can bet I will find out and tune in. I have never seen a baby eagle. The camera must be high quality, because the picture is very sharp, even when it has been enlarged to full screen. I call this little family Fred and Ethel, but will not name the baby until I see it. :)

If you have the time, take a look. You won't feel that your time has been wasted. It is just so AWESOME. Not to mention that Eagles are just so damned majestic and beautiful and down-right mean looking.

Update ----

Ethel laid a second egg, just last night, although I missed it. According to the webpage, this nest is FIVE FEET across, five feet deep, weighs a ton and a half, and is eighty feet up in the air. Wow!

6 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

This really is incredible... amazing to watch! I am loving it! Thank you for sharing the link. :-)

Lena said...

Pretty amazing. I am passing that link on to the eagle lovers in my family. Thanks.

Jules said...

Hi Jamie!!! I am now completely obsessed with this feed. It's magnificent!!!! Thank you.

Coffeypot said...

Just went to look...is it dead?

Leann said...

They are indeed majestic birds. We are fortunate to have quite a lot of them in the area. The morning my car broke down I watched one for awhile. Thanks for the link...I will check it out :-)

Cheryl said...

I watched for a while but the eagle was just peacefully sitting on the nest. I hope I get to see some action :))

How was your weekend?