Tuesday, October 05, 2010

I LOVE Tuesdays!

I survived yesterday, which means I got September all put away--generally speaking--as far as accounting goes. I paid all the bonuses, and entered many car deals. For a work day - it was full. I am working later, going in at nine and leaving at five, which will take some getting used to. I am hoping that I can sleep a bit later, but that will have to come with time. Sleeping in my house is kind of hit and miss, I have kitties that think that is the appropriate time to "talk" to me. I don't mind, as I have to admit, many times, I am already awake, just laying there. I often get out of bed at two or three, and do mindless crap, like get on the computer. I am tired later of course, and that will make a difference in the work hours. I was going in at seven-thirty and leaving in the afternoons by three or three-thirty, so it's a bit of an adjustment. Yesterday, I put the time in the morning to good use and went to the gym and walked almost three miles. Combining that with the more than five (I KNOW!) on Sunday, I thought it best to take a day off today...so here I am. The morning ritual housework is all finished..that means I have already washed and dried the coffee pot and all the other dishes of the morning, made tomorrow's coffee, cleaned the kitty box, swept the floor, made the bed and washed and dried a load of laundry. Phew! No wonder I am tired. Teeheehee.

I am trying to figure out my upcoming weekend. I have too many plans and not enough evenings, plus --- Jordy's 25th birthday is Monday, so that means I will (hopefully) see him at some point over the weekend. I cannot believe my baby will be a quarter of a century old. Good heavens, where have the years gone? I am working on Saturday, which is unusual, so that doesn't help. Something will have to go, I just don't know what yet.

I guess I am off to try and make this face presentable. It's a big, big job. Happy Tuesday. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a busy woman! Since my apartment is less than half the size my house was, I swear it's harder to clean! It seems to take no more than 20 - 30 minutes so I wonder why I even bother sometimes, ya know? However, I went and cleaned someone's house on Saturday, took four hours for the deep clean, he paid me $80 and I just loved doing it! I think I'm depressed from living in a small place with no "outside" of my own.

Anyway, my son will be 24 this month. And holy cow. It freaks me out!

Leann said...

My son is 26. I just don't see them as the adults they are. I want my babies back :-)

I hope the new hours work out better for you. Did you change because of your medical condition or was there another deeper purpose? Like, more time to get donuts in the morning *grin*.

Hope you had an awesome day and a quiet evening.

Just Me said...

I had to chuckle at your kitty comment. Lucy will sleep at the foot of our bed and stays there all night UNTIL I roll over or cough or make any kind of noise, then she thinks it means she can come sit on me, or paw at my face (ever so gently) until I pay attention to her. Cats are funny.

Jules said...

I can relate to our "old" children! M daughter will be 31 in a few days. That really un-nerves me. How could she possibly be in her 30's? I must have had her when I was 12.

Tried to email you via FB, but I'm amongst those having FB woes.... I had surgery yesterday. All is well, as long as the Vicadin keeps flowing :) Happy, happy Wednesday to ya!

Golden To Silver Val said...

I can't believe how fast time flies either. Before you know it....the grandbabies will be DRIVING! Hope this whole week is great for you, friend.

kristi said...

I turned 37 last year and I asked my Mom "Does this make you feel old?" LOL.
She told me to shut up!