Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lazy Sunday afternoon



I just woke up from an almost two hour nap. It was very nice...me and my Mason (kitty)..on the sofa, under the ac vent. Yes, it has gotten very hot here, and it is so strange...no sun. Just huge wind, high humidity and HOT.






I wanted to go the newly opened outside pool today, at my gym. But there is no sun, so I haven't been there at all today. I did walk a long time, and a long way this morning. I think that is enough for this old lady.

I went with Janelle and Brodie for his first haircut yesterday. It was so sweet, and he no longer looks like a little baby with the head full of curls...he looks like a little boy now. But the curls are not gone. I am afraid he inherited his mothers hair...and I love it. But he won't, once he is older.

Meisha (kitty) ate my second set of ipod headphones this morning. I don't know what it is about them, but she cannot resist biting the cord, and it snaps right in two, immediately. I knew that I couldn't leave them out after my walk this morning, and they were on the kitchen island for about twenty seconds before I went to get them and put them away. Too late. Dammit! Also, she chewed through the strap on my swimming goggles just as soon as I got them..when I left them on the bed. It hadn't occurred to me that she would like those, too. So, I bought a replacement. Which she dug through my gym bag on the floor of my closet and found, and promptly chewed through those. DAMMIT again. She has always been a weirdo for rubber bands, so I guess I should have known.

Well, I am off to my date with the TV. Several shows to catch up from the week. Yes, I know..you all want my exciting life. Have a happy. :)

6 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

Oh what a great picture of you two!! You can see that grandma love all over your face. Your day was much more interesting than mine but all in all, it was a pleasant day. I love afternoon naps.
So are you telling me that in another day or two we should be getting some hellicious hot weather? We seem to be a couple days behind you weather-wise. Thank God for AC. Its 80 here now and just right for me. My daughter likes it 10 degrees cooler.
Glad you're feeling better....walking is so good. xo

Coffeypot said...

I have been gone since you came back to blogging so I missed your first two post. Sorry, but I am glad you are back. Look forward to reading your stuff. Good luck at the gym. I am going, too, and I suffer.

Just Me said...

oh my goodness, what a cutie. Why is it that something so simple as a haircut can make them look soooo different? We need to get Baby D's hair cut also.

Leann said...

You have the exact table I want for my place. Give it here!! Just kidding.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you blogging again and taking care of yourself physically. It is a challenge I know. Congrats on the weight loss. I am hopeful and you are a great example.

Love the pics of the haircut. I hated it when my son got his first haircut. He went from my baby to this little boy. Grrr on grandpa.

Hope this sees you well and enjoy!!

Cheryl said...

Funny about the earbuds and goggles, except now you don't have them. So not so funny but a good story. You two look great in the picture.

Our pool opens this weekend. The water will still be way too cold for me. I hope I try swimming in earnest again. Hope but will I do it? So glad that you're sticking with the program.

Jules said...

Welcome back!!!!! I've missed you.