Monday, October 26, 2009

Bleh and pics of my sis's

I've got the Monday morning, I don't want to go back to work today, because I have had too many days off in a row, blues. Bleh.

My weekend was completely wonderful. My sis's and I had the best time, we didn't do much, just hung out for the most part. We did go visit our step dad down in Centerville, and that was extremely hard for me, but I survived. I hadn't been back to our Moms house since she died, and I really didn't want to go this time...but I managed. He cooked a wonderful lunch for us, I got to see her sweet dogs again, the only thing missing was her. I cried most of the drive home but was okay after that. The rest of the weekend was spent laughing. We laughed so hard that my body hurts this morning...good heavens. They left yesterday morning and I spent the rest of the day cleaning up, then laying on my butt in front of the tube. I did get out and take a short walk, the weather was halfway decent. Having both of my sis's here meant more to me than anyone, including them, will probably ever know. Sometimes you just need that family connection, knowing that no matter how effed up life can get, that they love you just because. That sister connection is the closest thing to the mother/child connection there is. I hope that someday, if they haven't already, my kids will learn that. I felt very strongly that mom approved of this weekend. I cannot believe that she has been gone a year tomorrow...and yet sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago that I got to talk to her.

And I'm out of here. Have a happy Monday. Bleh.

9 comments:

SOUL said...

mondays can be good -- after a weekend like that--

but anyhow-- sounds like the weekend went just as it was meant to--
hang in there tomorrow-- you had your booster shot over the weekend.. you'll get through just fine-- i know it-

hugz

Leann said...

Family connections are wonderful things. I cherish my sisters and my brother. Not enough time together.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Glad you enjoyed your time and were able to experience all sorts of different emotions this weekend with your sisters--sorta like when you were kids--sisters witness emotions within each other, which is why sisters never mind it when we cry.

xo,
me

Brad said...

Glad you all had a good time. I had brunch with my Mom & Sis yesterday and realized yet again that NO ONE 'gets me' like my sister. It is a special relationship. It may take a bit longer for boys to realize it. When your boys are older they'll start to see it hopefully.

Anonymous said...

How I envy this close relationship with your sisters. Maybe someday my sisters will come to understand the value of the connection we share. I am so glad you got to spend the time together and made some good memories. My mom has been gone for 14 years now and I still miss being able to talk to her.. and I miss her care packages of homemade cookies! :-)

Moohaa said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. Makes me wish I had a sister. My brothers and I don't get along nearly well enough.

Take care of you! Great pics! ;)

Janelle said...

I love, love, love those pictures. It feels so normal to see you guys in that setting, it's like nothing has changed. I know it was a rough day but I'm glad you went.

Unknown said...

It sounds like a wonderful time! I'm so glad you got to spend time with your sisters and I think it's great you went to see your step-dad. That means, to me, that he was a great step-father. And I bet he loved seeing you guys.

I hate going back to work on Monday's most times, except if I've had a boring weekend, then I look forward to it.

Lena said...

Sisters are special. I have two, just like you!