Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday Stuff

I got up late this morning, but did not get to bed until really late last night, so I guess it's all good. I am very happy it's the weekend, I love Saturdays and Sundays. I will spend my morning cleaning this place up --although since it's just me here now, it doesn't take much cleaning, if you don't consider the kitty messes, that is. You would not believe how much time I spend cleaning up after these cats. Kitty litter, kitty food, kitty vomit (?)....kitty toys. Sweep up littler twice a day, clean the cat box every morning, clean up the food mess continually.

They are learning to love the balcony, and are fine out there as long as I watch them. They could escape from it if they chose to, there is a ten inch ledge that runs all the way around the building, and I have nightmares about having to call the fire department to get my cat down. They would have to jump up over the glass wall before they got to that point, though and as long as I keep an eye on them, it will be okay. On Friday nights, this community has an event called Friday's at the Fountain, which is a party with live bands and food and of course, alcohol. The band sets up directly underneath my balcony and I have the best seat in the house. Another reason why I love it here. :)

Today, I am off to find some chairs to go with my kitchen area...I have built in table that has to have black or dark colored chairs. It would be nice to be able to sit down to eat..

Happy weekend, friends!

2 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

Good Luck on finding just the right chairs! Please post pics, ok? Also, I was wondering if you'd post a pic of your balcony from the outside. I'm trying to visualize your apartment and thought maybe it was a corner but now I'm thinking I'm wrong. I love how the windows let in so much light! About your cats on the balcony...that is so cool but I would be horribly afraid they would take off...cats are sooooo curious, as you know. I wonder if there is any way you could install some iron bars or decorative type fencing to cover the opening so they can't get out but you can still see through it and get the fresh air ok. It would also be safer for Brodie when he gets to the climbing stage. Hope your Sunday is a restful one for tomorrow we are all back to the grindstone. LOLOLOLOL

Cheryl said...

It's Sunday night so your weekend is almost over. The next one will be here in a blink. Hope this week is somehow better. Maybe a miracle will happen at work :) ?