Thursday, August 07, 2008

one sandwich short?

There are so many things happening at once, I am overwhelmed. I know you all think I've lost it, and don't feel bad, I do too. But I don't believe I will be selling cars after all, I had another job offer yesterday, one that is even better suited to this old lady's lifestyle. And that is the only reason I am not taking the job, it has nothing to do with the fact the car dealer I interviewed with on Tuesday texted me last night at eleven thirty pm----eleven thirty pm in the blessed DEAD of NIGHT---to tell me he would be looking for me in the training class this morning! I was irritated beyond belief, he was supposed to call yesterday---and yes, I know that one half hour before midnight was still yesterday---but he was supposed to call and let me know whether my attendance was required under the circumstances at the ICS. When I did not hear from him, my assumption was that they had decided that I was not worth the risk, health-wise. So, imagine my surprise when I got that text. Had the job meant that much to me at that point, I would still manage to go this morning. Or frankly, if it was that important, I would have called him...but really this other offer seems better for me. I seriously do think I am losing my mind...what or if any I have left. I have never been this wishy washy in my life...and I am surprised at myself. I believe I have just gotten lazy, and mostly, I do not want to work. That is not an option for me at this time, so I have got to get my act together. Bear with me friends, I will get it all in one sack soon. UGH.

Steph's dad passed away last night. My heart breaks for her, although it was time..he was in so much pain, and the family has been on such a roller coaster with him for so long. She called at one-forty-five...and she sounded pretty good under the circumstances. She is certain that he is now with the baby...and I liked that idea just fine.

I am off to the ICS. I am tired. Ugh. Have a happy Thursday. :)

10 comments:

Mary said...

Life does get tedious, don't it? You'll be fine. Just stay calm and let things fall into place - they will you know.

I'm not having my best day either. Let's just get through this day, have a couple of drinks and early to bed. Tomorrow will be fine.

Terri said...

massive burdens you carry around - no wonder you have back issues! And poor Steph, what a lot she's been through. You have to make the best decision for you and your family when you take on a new career, I hope this one is it, not for financial reasons but for sanity reasons. And that guy was a kook to text you at that hour!! Hang in there.

fiwa said...

What's this new job offer? Girl - don't worry about how it sounds to anyone else - you just do what you need/want to do.

Poor Steph, she has had a bad couple of months. She's so lucky to have your support.

Lovins to you all -
fiwa

Brad said...

Hello Sis - Just wanted to pop in and say hi & I'm thinking about ya. I've not had much to say lately but I'm still here ! Take care

Cheryl said...

I've said from the start that you've been really brave about your job search. You've had so many jobs in the past, and want to make sure the next one is the right one. Who knows which one that will be? It may be the third one down the line. If at first you don't succeed,... I wouldn't be embarrassed. You're doing the right thing.

I'm glad Stephanie's father is done with his suffering. May he be in peace now.

Smocha said...

Good Lawd,

We all need a cruise don't we? :)

Just roll with it baby and always trust your gut instinct.

This will all work out . And someday you'll laugh about it.

Hugs to all of you

Raine said...

ummmm so lets hear about the new job?? LOL

Amanda said...

In the end it's better to hold off for the "right" job anyway.

Steph is a real trooper, God bless her.

Portia said...

Boy, never a dull moment huh? I don't think you've lost it at all, I think you are looking for what is best for you and that can be hard to find. Can't wait to hear about the new(est;) job!

I'm so sorry to hear about Stephanie's dad. My condolences to the family.

SOUL said...

one sandwich short of a -- what? hmmm.
were you left hungry after a tuna salad again?
i'll bring you one-- or two.

hang in there -- things will turn around soon.. you know it will.

and you and yours will be ok.

love ya j
oxox