Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Can I do it?

Well friends, I would like to tell you that this week has been a piece of cake, but that would be lying. It has been hard on me, from beginning to end. I am NOT as young as I would like to believe and my health is not as good as I kid myself and say it is. I am struggling, with a capital UG. However, today I feel I made a little progress. This company is difficult and corporate and full of rules. In the recent past, I have MADE the rules. Issue, maybe? You might say that. Not that I think I shouldn't HAVE to follow the rules, but it will be a big change, as so many things are right now. But hell, what's another change? From only smoking a teensy bit to being told how to dress, talk, ugh...you all get the picture. Can I do it? I am going to make every effort, give it my best shot. No one can ask any more of me. Enough said.

Have a very happy week. I - well I, am just trying to remember my lines. LOL :)

12 comments:

Brad said...

I'm sure you'll do fine. My experience has been these corporate training centers are pretty out of touch with what happens at the district level. It the "in a perfect world this is what we want you to do" stuff.

Hang in there !

XO

desert dirt diva said...

yes you'll do it and you'll do a good job!just remeber training does not last forever.....take care.. and get some gum.. it might help....just don't chomp...
well take care....

Moohaa said...

It's got to be tough, changing everything you are used to. But I know you can do it and be a huge success.

Big hugs!

Portia said...

Yeah, I was not a fan of the corporate BS either. But it can be done. I hope it gets better from here:)

SOUL said...

i already did my preaching for the day--i just came by to say g'nite...

oxox

or COCO
whichever :))

Anonymous said...

you'll be fine. you know how the rules work...it'll be tough when you're used to running the show..but you'll be ok....

Jessica said...

I don't do well being told what to do either. The corporate world is too Stepford for me...

Smocha said...

Oh crap.

I;m sorry to hear this ..I want everything to be PERFECT for you!!!
If anyone deserves it..it is YOU!

if you guys are willing to "relocate BIG TIME " let me know.
I can hook you up.

Sometimes all is not as "awful" as it first appears to be.

Hang in there sistah!!!

Luv me

Cheryl said...

I worked for a big chain for years with a zillion rules. I could understand the need for them to keep everything uniform company-wide. I love working for a private salon. No rules except not to wear jeans too much and come to work on time and use common sense.

I hope this works for you...that it turns out to be the job you want. If it doesn't, you'll find something else. I know you're the kind of person who's up for a challenge...and you're exersizing your mind (the lines?).

How's Mark's job going?

Mary said...

Corporate rules and "standard dialog" are a pain in the rump. Does anyone really do well with them? When you get to your office and begin working I believe you'll find it earier. Hard edge rules have a way of softening when reality hits. If the $$ are coming in corporate is more broad minded. Meantime - hang in there. The first week is almost over.

Karen said...

Once you get into the actual job I'm sure you'll find the rules start to relax a little if not disappear altogether ;) They always bang on about this stuff while they've got you in training mode.

Awesome that you didn't end up sharing a room.

Amanda said...

It is a very big adjustment. In my experience, men in similar situations often fail. But not the women. :)