Just a quick update---I finally have an answer, but it's one I am not happy about. I am scheduled for surgery on the 11th of December---an anterior cervical fusion. I did not and still do not want surgery, but there is little hope of keeping the use of my legs and frankly, my bladder, without it. The surgeon repeated today what the neurologist said a couple of weeks ago, that if I didn't have it taken care of now, I may not have the option later, and hopefully it isn't already too late. Basically, C5-C7 are fused in place by the use of cadaver bones and a plate and screws. Sounds very appealing, eh? The incision is made in the front....and the risks are many, such as the artery that is in the way, the esophagus, etc...but seriously, I am backed into a corner, and see no way out, if I want to walk. Just so you know, the reason for the lag in scheduling was me, not them. Between the Dr's schedule and mine, that date seemed to work best. I felt that if I have waited this long, a few more days isn't going to hurt.
I am trying to feel hopeful that this will take care of the problems that I am having, walking would be wonderful, knowing when I need to pee certainly would be helpful, and not seeing double anymore will come in handy. Tonight, I am just not there yet. I am certain that by tomorrow, my mood and spirits will be where they should be, and so until then, I will say so long.