Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday memories

I have been working my 'lil butt off today, as often as I say that, you would think it would be getting smaller, now---wouldn't you? But anyway, it is five pm, my brain is dead, and I am here for another three hours....I hate when I have nothing to do, or when I can no longer do it. Actually, I am pretty caught up, and that's unusual. I was just sitting here, wondering what I am forgetting....

It is hot and miserable here, rather unusual for the first part of summer, way too early. I am wondering what July and August will be like if the heatwave is so strong now. I hate humid weather, and really don't love the heat anymore, although that is a new development, one that has apparently come about with age. I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, and the heat was just part of life....it never bothered me. My family moved there when i was fourteen, and i was a bit of a tomboy---and I never, ever wore shoes. As soon as I could get out of class, I always took them off, and I walked home. It only took one time in Phoenix, I burned my feet so badly that I had bags of water hanging off of them, and I was out of school for more than a week after that, My mother, being the sweet, kind, loving mother that she was said, "Idiot----what were you thinking? Wasn't the sidewalk hot"? Well, it wasn't. I couldn't feel it, and yes, I really probably was an idiot....And i say that about my mom in jest, she really was loving, but she had a bit of a rough way about her....I look back on that memory with grin. There were so many times that she said that to me....I was always doing something rather stupid. :) I tried to remember that when my kids were growing up...and I certainly had plenty of times to do that!

I hope that you all have had a good day, I shall get on with mine----later!

4 comments:

SOUL said...

:))

josie2shoes said...

Glad you had a little down time at work today, Jamie. I know that doesn't happen often. I lived in Augusta, GA one summer, so I know how hot humidity feels - like a sauna! But I have to laugh when people say about NM where I live now, "well, it's a dry heat". Hell, if it's triple digit it's just plain damn HOT, regardless... Like sticking your head in the oven! I vote for 72 all year round.

CCC said...

The heat sucks...but would you prefer ice? Tehe! That's what I always tell myself -- I hate driving on ice. So...I tolerate the heat. Although not very well. Hang in there! Monday's over...

Anonymous said...

I continue to do stupid things, even as an adult. But now, instead of my mother, it's H telling me: "Gotta use some of those brain cells while you're still around to use them!" Guess he's got a point. Not as hot here yet... but will be... humidity is a killer in this part of the world.