Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

Happy Turkey Day! This year has flown, and I know that will not stop anytime soon. Every year that I am on this earth, time gets faster and faster. I can't imagine what it will be like by the time I reach 70. If I reach the age of 70, which I can't begin to imagine. It's early, and again, I am so damned sleepy. I was hoping that my nearly perfect health on Tuesday would continue, but not so lucky-last night was a rough one, but no more so than normal. I would really like to go back to bed, but I still have quite a bit of baking to do, and we have to leave for Mom's before noon. So i'd better get into the kitchen. I just wanted to take a minute here and let you know all the things that I honestly am thankful for this year-

1. My kids are all doing relatively well, certainly better than the past few years, no legal hassles or trouble. Each is well, and making it okay. I continue to pray that each one finds their own way to the happiness that I pray so hard for them to have.

2. My husband continues to put up with me and love me. (Half joking on that comment) Our relationship seems to grow with each year, and he really has become my best friend.

3. My mom is still with us for at least one more holiday season-the past two have caused me to wonder how many more she will have.

4. While it is the source of so many of my complaints, I truly am grateful for my job, and the owner of the business's, as he is more my good friend than anything. I love him, as weird as he is, if I didn't I would have shot him years ago.

5. So many, many other things, all lumped together here-my health (no huge issues recently, and with my disease, that's saying something), my sisters, my nieces and nephews, my home, my friends, etc, etc, etc.

There are countless other things in my life that I have been blessed with. I seriously try each and every day to remember them, and to thank God for them. I have learned how fleeting life and all of the good things that we humans take for granted can change or go away all together.

I hope that your Thanksgiving day is just that - a day of thanks. I hope your day is spent with those that are the most important to you, and peace - I wish peace for all of us.

It has come to my attention that my blog is read my quite a few- I hope that my boring life is interesting to you. Leave a comment - I don't care what it's about - but let me know you're here! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, simonsays! Anita