Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

Happy Halloween! Doesn't mean much of anything to me, only that it's the end of the month. November is right on us, the Holidays, winter, snow and ice, the new year. A good time of year, but alot of headaches go along with it. I used to love taking the kids out on halloween, H usually had the privilege of doing it, so that I could be home to answer the door. I can't tell you how much I miss those days. I really believed that by this time in my life, I would have a grandchild to two to continue the tradition with, but not one of my kids wants children. I am surprised by that, but this generation is a different breed. I still believe that YS will someday have one but it will be years from now, or it should be at least, since he is no where ready to take on that kind of responsibility. Still, the thought of all the fun that I feel I am missing makes me sad, but I know that's the way it is meant to be, and really, even if D had had children, they would be hurting now, with the situation the way it is. I wouldn't want that. But anyway, Happy Halloween to you. I won't even be home tonight, but that won't really matter because we haven't had any kids at the door for a few years now. In this day and age, you pretty much have to have kids in the house for kids to come to your door, and that makes sense with all the safety concerns.

I am making progress at work, so much done, but still so much to finish today. YS's GF worked for me yesterday and that slowed me down some, but it was a long day, and I still had time to do alot. I will finish today, at least with all the tax reports, not that i have any choice in the matter since the deadline is today. I still have a lot to accomplish in the next couple of days, then I want to take a couple of days off. Maybe Thurs/Fri/Sat? Probably won't be possible, but Friday and Saturday would. That's probably what I will do.

I am taking lunch for all the workers today, just for fun. I like to do that from time to time. Chili dogs today. It's not too hard to please that group, they pretty much like anything. Hope your day is really good.

No comments: