Friday, October 06, 2006

Disconnected ramblings


Good Morning. Not much to talk about today, it was a long day yesterday, I was tired when I finally got home. I didn't accomplish all that I wanted to, but today is a new day. Friday again, where does the time go? I don't know what the plans for tonight are, but I know what I want to do. I don't know where we will end up.

Talked to D a couple of times, she was also working a terribly long day. I hate to see her work 14 hours at a time, but I know she has to. Ys called me, too. We made plans for his Bday coming up in a few days. Their dad has been back here for two weeks and none of them have seen him, that surprises me. I expected they would take their first opportunity to visit, but that hasn't happened. I would be hurt if it were me, but I really don't understand him or their relationship with him anymore. Not my business.

I really want to take tomorrow off, and i know I could, but I feel like I'd better work. I certainly have enough to do, but H is off tomorrow, and then I am off on Sunday and Monday. I have to cook all day on Monday, I'm not really looking forward to it, and that's something I used to really LOVE to do. All the cooking is for Tuesday, when we will have a trial run for all the new items on the menu at business #2, and for the "special project" that will begin in November. The whole damned thing is up to me, and while I appreciate all the faith that everyone has in my abilities, it worries me. I really don't know what i am doing, but i guess like everything else, I will figure it out. I certainly have come a long way in that regard---when we opened the business in April of this year, I had NO IDEA about any of it. I mean NOTHING. It's funny what can be learned, and how quickly that happens, when you have to. And for everything that i didn't know, H knew one hundred times that, less. And now look-he's runs the place. I have to admit, it has been an interesting year. I don't know how good it has been FOR him, but he has done a great job. He has just joined the rest of the world---his stress level has skyrocketed, and he has learned what a pain in the ass being the boss really is. We are supposed to decide whether or not we will buy the place in the spring. That thought scares me. Damn, damn, damn, I can't type this morning. I hate when my fingers are dyslexic. In any event, i guess we will know what is the right thing to do when the time comes. Well, I suppose I need to get my rear end in gear, Friday's are a busy day.

No comments: