Monday, September 27, 2010

Waving the White Flag

These past few days, five or six of them maybe, have among the worst I can remember, pain wise. Today brings about no changes and I will give in and call the dr. There will be little he can do, I know, but I will beg for steroids, as it has been a long while since I have had them, and they often help. Or at least they used to. It will take big help to fix me right now....because what I have been dealing with it big and bad. I am trying so hard to go on about life in spite of it, but this is even getting me down, and I am so hard headed most of the time, that is hard to do. SO, I GIVE IN. I get it, and you win, Pain. Leave me alone. Bah.

I have had a mostly quiet weekend. Friday night I went out with new man and had a most enjoyable time. I was not up to a late night, and came home early. I really like him. It will be a couple of weeks before I can see him again most likely, our schedules seem to have troubles meeting up. But that's okay, he's worth waiting for. :)

I have pretty much finished the decorating. I am waiting on one more item to arrive, then I will post pics. I wake up in the morning and smile. I love this place. I am happy.

Later.

7 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Regardless of the pain (which I'm sorry you have to suffer with) it is a good thing you have a cheerie place to wake up too. Now, if you had a shot of Coffey to start your day, it would be perfect.

Leann said...

I am sorry to hear that once again the pain has made inroads into your mood. I hope the Dr can give you something to ease the pain, if even temporarily.

I am looking forward to seeing the pics of your recent deco frenzy :=)

Hugs my dear, as lame as they are by virtue of this medium.

Moohaa said...

I am glad you have happy spots through the pain. That is the only thing that can keep a person going sometimes.

I hope you find some relief.

((gentle hugs))

Cheryl said...

You have the best attitude, despite it all. And all. You're happy. You're in pain and so happy. You're skinny. You're working out. You have two adorable grandkids. A jazzy place to live. A new relationship, perhaps? I hope you get the steroids and that they help. I will pray that your pain eases, so you can continue your journey. Even if it does start at 4 AM. Hugs to you!

Maria said...

I have rheumatoid arthritis and can honestly say that I would not be able to walk without my 5 mgs per day of prednisone.

It isn't weak to need help. And prednisone is very cheap and WORKS.

Just Me said...

Sometimes its the small things that get you through...like a baby's smile. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Hope you have some relief by now. Take care, friend.

Jules said...

If we lived closer we could split a morphine drip and exchange complaints :)

How are you doing tonight? You're in my thoughts..... daily.

Love, J