Sunday, December 27, 2009

Looking ahead

I am looking ahead.

After a wonderful Christmas spent with my kids and friends, after a beautiful evening that went wonderfully well, after a quiet Christmas day, a dinner made by me for youngest and company, after a blizzard, after awesome gifts given and received, I am looking ahead.

I am looking at 2010.

I need for the new year to be quiet and smooth. I need my children to continue to grow and learn to do it themselves, just like in the past year. I need for my place of employment to level out or I need a new place of employment to find me. I need to feel better, and I will do what's required to make that happen. I need to continue to understand. I need many things, apparently. But mostly I need to stay on the current track, as I have gotten closer to the truth of ME more in the past year than in the last 49.

I like it.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I like the sound of that, too, Jamie. I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a happy, healthy New Year filled with love and laughter.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Sounds like you've found quiet time to do some positive reflecting. You already know my wishes for you...I'm always in your corner...and I hope every wish you want comes true for you because I can think of no one more deserving. Big hugs, dear friend. Much love, Charlotte. xo

Lena said...

Nothing like the truth to make us feel centered, connected, and sane.

So glad you are feeling so strong, you have worked hard for it. What a wonderful way to move into a brand new year!

Leann said...

Good luck and blessings to you in 2010 and your journey of self discovery. (hugs to you my dear)

Cheryl said...

I like it too. Keep on keeping on. Smile when you can. You're a good friend, mom, grandma, etc. Be good to yourself.

SOUL said...

:)) good luck on your journey-

Savannah said...

You deserve each and every one of the things you are hoping for Jamie, you have worked hard for it. Stay on that positive path and you will get the prize.

LL Cool Joe said...

I think one of the few positive things about growing older is we do begin to finally know what we need to make us well. Now it's just a case of working towards that.

Good luck!

Maria said...

Ah...you are an older soul than I, J. I'm sitting here all pouty over more snow...