Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pressure

I am doing the best I can.

I really wanted the line above to be my whole post, but you know how i am, I can't keep my mouth shut. I really am. Doing the best I can. The problem is, my best is falling way short of my expectations, let alone the expectations that others have placed on me. And there are many. So, failing isn't my thing. I am not happy about it one little bit, and while I am keeping up, barely, that isn't the way I roll. Shit.

But I am doing the best I can.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am doing the best I can.

And that's all any of us can do. Really.

(((((((((Jamie))))))))

Evalinn said...

And sometimes we have to forgive ourselves for not being able to do more than our best : -)

josie2shoes said...

Jamie... I can so relate to this Somedays I want a t-shirt that says "I'm doing the best I can", and a poster for my wall - and a flashing neon sign to set out in my yard! :-) I know the feeling when everyone has higher expectations of us that what we are achieving, even ourselves. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to allow ourselves to be human, and to realize that doing the best we can is all we ever can do on any given day. It's hard to let ourselves and others down, but there comes a point where we have to say... I'm not so bad the way I am - the rest of you can choose to live with it, or not. Perfection is an illusion. Mostly we just hang on tight for the ride! Take care, and love yourself.